The RMWB is looking for community members interested in joining a Council-appointed board or committee.
There are currently 65 vacancies on 15 different Municipal boards and committees.
The groups cover a range of community interests from public art, sports, the airport, or even the revitalization of the downtown area.
Street Banners, Public Art Bench programs, and the upcoming 2023 Communities in Bloom symposium were supported by members last year.
The RMWB says the progress and completion of Kiyām Community Park was an outcome of work done by the Wood Buffalo Downtown Revitalization Advisory Committee.
The boards and committees currently accepting applications are:
- Assessment Review Board
- Combative Sports Commission
- Community Identification Committee
- Community in Bloom Committee
- Community Standards Appeal Committee
- Fort McMurray Airport Authority
- Public Art Committee
- Regional Advisory Committee on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
- Regional Recreation Corporation Board
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Wood Buffalo Library Board
- Wood Buffalo Housing and Development Corporation
- Wood Buffalo Development Advisory Committee
- Wood Buffalo Downtown Revitalization Advisory Committee
- Wood Buffalo Waterfront Advisory Committee
Membership requirements vary for each group and the full requirements can be found through the RMWB website.
Information sessions are being held to discuss with RMWB representatives about opportunities within each board or committee.
The events will take place on Oct. 2 and Oct. 4 at 6 p.m. on the first floor of the Jubilee Building.
The deadline to apply for the boards and committees will be Oct. 23, 2023.