The Government of Alberta has declared a provincial state of emergency in response to the multiple burning wildfires throughout the province.
This is a mechanism that provides the provincial government with:
- a higher level of intergovernmental coordination
- around-the-clock monitoring of the situation
- access to emergency funds
- the ability to mobilize additional support
- and to continue working with municipalities, organizations and businesses to support evacuated residents.
Department officials will continue providing daily technical briefings to the media and the public as this situation continues to evolve.
Anyone who has been evacuated due to wildfires is asked to register at local reception centres or at emergencyregistration.alberta.ca.