COVID-19 is claiming the lives of three more people in the RMWB.
An individual who was using the Centre of Hope’s housing program has passed away.
In an email sent to Mix News, Executive Director Rosie Keating says the program has experienced an outbreak for roughly two weeks.
According to the province, this outbreak has led to 27 cases with three still active as of Thursday.
Also, the outbreak at Suncor’s Base Plant has claimed another life.
An employee who worked for one of the company’s bussing providers died from complications from the virus.
“Our thoughts are with their family, friends, and co-workers during this time,” said Paul Newmarch, Suncor Spokesperson.
“Right now, our focus is on supporting the bussing provider and those who knew and worked with our colleague.”
This outbreak has been one of the biggest the region has seen since the start of the pandemic.
It’s lead to nearly 900 cases and two deaths.
The first individual was an employee of GardaWorld, serving as a security guard at Base Plant since 2019.
Another person with ties to the outbreak at the Wapasu Creek Lodge has also passed away.
Mix News has reached out to Civeo, who oversees the lodge, but have not received a response.
Of the 30 active workplace outbreaks, there have been a total of eight deaths.
Meanwhile, it’s unclear if all these individuals lived in the RMWB.
The province adds any deaths to the area where the person’s home address is.
Fort McMurray did experience its seventh and eighth deaths during the pandemic over the past week.
Alberta Health only releases the person’s gender, age, and whether they had been dealing with other comorbidities.