People caught speeding and driving through red lights at multiple intersections won’t be fined for the next couple of weeks.
The RMWB is installing new intersection safety devices on Thickwood Boulevard, Franklin Avenue, and Confederation Way.
These devices were approved before the provincial government put a freeze on new photo radar equipment.
Instead of issuing fines, the municipality plans on giving drivers a warning up until December 23.
The intersections getting the new devices include:
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
The RMWB says they’ll start handing out tickets on January 1, 2021.