You may want to bundle up over the next few days as we go through another cold snap.
Environment Canada has issued an extreme cold warning for the following communities:
- Lac La Biche Co. near Crow Lake Prov. Park
- Lac La Biche Co. near Wiau Winefred and Grist Lakes
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort MacKay and Wallace Creek
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort McMurray and Anzac
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Gipsy Lake and Whitemud Falls
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Grand Rapids Wildland Prov. Park
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Janvier South and Conklin
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Mariana Lake
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Stony Mtn Prov. Park and Engstrom Lake
Environment Canada says an Arctic airmass over Alberta is producing extreme cold conditions in northeastern regions.
Cold temperatures combined with winds of 10 to 15 km/h are producing wind chill values of -40 or less.
Extreme cold conditions are expected to last into the weekend.
By Monday, the weather agency says it will warm up to highs of -5 and -3 on Tuesday.