Bylaw Services is sending out their weekly bylaw update with photo radars and DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems placed across Fort McMurray.
Photo Radars will be set up in the following areas:
- Brett Drive
- Highway 63 and Thickwood Boulevard
- Highway 63 between Hospital Street and Beacon Hill
- McKenzie Boulevard
- Paquette Drive
- School Zones within the Urban Service Area
To view a list of photo radar locations, please visit rmwb.ca/photoradar.
Drivesafe Intersection Safety Systems will be put in place at these high risk intersections:
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive
Bylaw services is also reminding motorists that the Winter Maintenance Zones program will be starting on Monday October 17, for its second year.
Each neighbourhood zone will activate once a week, on the same day, where on-street parking will be unavailable from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Those not complying with the parking regulations could receive a $120 ticket or be towed to an impound lot at the expense of the vehicle’s owner.
The reason is to allow Municipal crews to clear a safe path for residents, emergency vehicles and Municipal equipment.
Signage will be up on residential streets to indicate which zone your neighbourhood falls under. You can also check the zone map at rmwb.ca/snowplow and find more information as well on alternative parking.
They also want to remind motorists parking in your alleyway is not permitted so emergency vehicles and your neighbors can still have access.
The zones will be active every week until April 15, 2017.