Bylaw Services is sending out their weekly bylaw update with photo radars and DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems placed across Fort McMurray.
They also want to remind everyone on the roads that more children and their parents will be moving around the community with the return of the school year, on Tuesday.
Bylaw Services and the RCMP will be ensuring the safety of everyone in the school zones but wants to remind motorists they play a big part in everyone’s safety.
They’ve sent out a few tips to make sure everyone is safe on the roads:
- Be extra cautious in and around construction zones
- Don’t park in fire lanes
- Don’t park in transit zones
- Don’t park within 1.5 metres of a driveway
- Don’t park within 5 metres of a fire hydrant
- Don’t park within 10 metres of the approach of a crosswalk, stop sign, or yield sign
- Obey the 30 km/h speed limit in school zones
- Pedestrians should always use crosswalks
Photo Radars will be set up on the following areas:
- Cornwall Drive
- Highfield Street
- Morimoto Drive
- Plamondon Drive
- Playground Zones within the Urban Service Area
To view a list of all locations you can visit rmwb.ca/photoradar.
Drivesafe Intersection Safety Systems will be put in place at these high risk intersections:
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive