Bylaw Services are sending out their weekly bylaw update with photo radars and DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems in place across Fort McMurray.
Photo Radars will be set up on the following streets:
- Thicket Drive
- Riverstone Ridge
- Parsons Creek Drive
- Highway 63 and Hospital Street
- Thickwood Boulevard and Duncan Drive
To view a list of the locations you can visit rmwb.ca/photoradar.
Drivesafe Intersection Safety Systems will be put in place at these high risk intersections.
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
They also want to remind pedestrians that using the crosswalk is the safest way to get across each intersection.
Crosswalks are placed in areas with improved visibility and are signed to give drivers an indication that pedestrians cross the road at this location.
Before using the crosswalk, pedestrians should stop, look both ways, and make eye contact with drivers.
People in vehicles shouldn’t be relying just on pedestrians to know all the safety features as drivers should always approach marked sidewalks with caution.