The urban market is back after missing the start of the season due to the wildfire and subsequent evacuation.
Featuring baked goods, produce and hand crafted items along with entertainment at Jubilee Plaza.
There were thoughts that the entire season would be missed but the RMWB thought a half-season was better than no-season at all.
“It was something we had to think through and decide whether or not we had the capacity to run it but I felt and our team felt that it was a really important event for the community,” said RMWB Economic Development spokesperson Natasha Hartson.
She adds that this event can really help the community feel some normality after the events this past spring.
Themes will be introduced each day with the first day being Wellness Wednesday. The YMCA came out with residents doing some healthy activities. Many vendors were also using the first days theme, offering ways for people to feel well everyday.
Some of the more well known and popular vendors will also be back including Steve and Dan’s B.C’s Fresh Fruit. Around 20 vendors showed up on the first day.
Revised Schedule for the Market:
- Wednesday, August 10th: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 17th: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 27th: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 31st: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday, September 10th: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 14th: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 28th: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.