HEY GUESS WHAT? WE MADE IT TO HUMP DAY, WOOOOOO!
Allow me to stimulate your brain with some things you can cram into your brain about today!
- Patrick Stump(Fall Out Boy) – 32
- Corey Harrison(Pawn Stars) – 33
- Si Robertson(Uncle Si – Duck Dynasty) – 68
Prime Rib Day:
Prime Rib Day is a feast day in honour of this classic cut of the finest beef. Although little appears to be known about the origins of Prime Rib Day, it is best celebrated with great enthusiasm, with family and friends gathering to enjoy the occasion. Many restaurants also provide special menus in celebration.
Tell A Story Day:
The aim of the day to get participants telling, sharing and listening to each others stories. It is a celebration of the art of oral storytelling in all of its many forms, whether it be fiction or non-fiction, a tall tale, or folklore. The stories may be told from memory or from a book.
Today in History:
- 4977 BC – Universe is created, according to Kepler– On this day in 4977 B.C., the universe is created, according to German mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler, considered a founder of modern science. Kepler is best known for his theories explaining the motion of planets. (source: history.com)
- 2009 – GM Announces plans to phase out Pontiac – On this day in 2009, American auto giant General Motors (GM) says it plans to discontinue production of its more than 80-year-old Pontiac brand. Pontiac’s origins date back to the Oakland Motor Car, which was founded in 1907 in Pontiac, Michigan, by Edward Murphy, a horse-drawn carriage manufacturer. The first Pontiac model made its debut as part of the Oakland line in the 1920s. The car, which featured a six-cylinder engine, proved so popular that the Oakland name was eventually dropped and Pontiac became its own GM division by the early 1930s.(source: history.com)
That’s all for now, don’t ever say “this day means nothing”!