You’ll want to keep water and sunscreen close by as it’s going to very hot in our region this week.
Environment Canada has issued a heat warning for the following areas:
- Lac La Biche Co. near Crow Lake Prov. Park
- Lac La Biche Co. near Wiau Winefred and Grist Lakes
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort MacKay and Wallace Creek
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort McMurray and Anzac
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Gipsy Lake and Whitemud Falls
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Grand Rapids Wildland Prov. Park
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Janvier South and Conklin
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Mariana Lake
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Stony Mtn Prov. Park and Engstrom Lake
Environment Canada says daily temperatures are expected to soar above 30C on Monday and continuing through the week – before we see some relief on Saturday when the temperature falls to 24C and rain.
The weather agency is advising you take frequent breaks from the heat, avoid any exhausting outdoor activities and be sure to drink lots of water and other non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated beverages.
For more health advice, especially for vulnerable individuals, can be found on Alberta Health Services website.