You may want to start packing on more winter gear as a cold snap is getting set to hit the RMWB.
Environment Canada has issued an extreme cold warning for the following communities:
- Lac La Biche Co. near Crow Lake Prov. Park
- Lac La Biche Co. near Wiau Winefred and Grist Lakes
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort MacKay and Wallace Creek
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort McMurray and Anzac
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Gipsy Lake and Whitemud Falls
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Grand Rapids Wildland Prov. Park
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Janvier South and Conklin
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Mariana Lake
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Stony Mtn Prov. Park and Engstrom Lake
Environment Canada says a prolonged period of very cold wind chills is expected over the next few days.
Starting Thursday evening, the windchill is expected to hover around -40 and -45 and last until Saturday afternoon.
The weather agency is predicting a warmer spell next week with temperatures expected to stay under -20 with sunny conditions.