You’ll want to keep water and sunscreen close by as it’s going to very hot in our region for the rest of the week.
Environment Canada has issued a heat warning for a large part of the province, including Fort McMurray and surrounding areas.
- Lac La Biche Co. near Crow Lake Prov. Park
- Lac La Biche Co. near Wiau Winefred and Grist Lakes
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort MacKay and Wallace Creek
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort McMurray and Anzac
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Gipsy Lake and Whitemud Falls
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Grand Rapids Wildland Prov. Park
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Janvier South and Conklin
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Mariana Lake
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Stony Mtn Prov. Park and Engstrom Lake
Environment Canada says from Wednesday to Friday we can expect daytime temperatures to reach highs of around 29 degrees Celsius.
The weather agency is advising you take frequent breaks from the heat, avoid any exhausting outdoor activities and be sure to drink lots of water and other non-alcoholic, non-caffinated beverages.
For more health advice, especially for vulnerable individuals, can be found on Alberta Health Services website.