Bylaw Services is sending out their weekly bylaw update with photo radars and DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems placed across Fort McMurray.
Photo Radars will be set up in the following areas:
- Alberta Drive
- Heritage Drive
- Sparrow Hawk Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard
- Highway 69
- School Zones within the Urban Service Area
DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems will be put in place at these high-risk intersections:
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive
Bylaw Services is also reminding all drivers that winter maintenance zones will be re-activated on January 2nd.
It’s the driver’s responsibility to know which zone they fall under and avoid parking on the street when snow clearing is underway. Motorists who decide to park on the roads could face a parking fine and/ or be towed.