Transit users may want to review their routes tomorrow.
Starting December 12th, The RWMB new routes and changes to existing routes will come into effect.
The Municipality’s priority is to provide safe, reliable and sustainable transit service for all residents. With transit updates to take effect on Dec. 12, residents are encouraged to review schedules and plan ahead at rmwb.ca/transit.
Highlights of the updated service include:
- New service in Timberlea via Route 17 (Parsons Creek/Morgan Heights) – a consolidation of Routes 3 (Morgan Heights) and 13 (Heritage Hills).
- School service updates – Extensive changes including Routes 3 and 13 – visit the webpage for more information.
- Extended service to Waterways and Longboat Landing via Route 91 (Downtown East).
- Additional runs in the morning and afternoon on Route 4 (Abasand and Beacon Hill).
- Reduction in service – fewer trips or eliminated weekend service – on the following routes: 2, 10, 11, 12, 15, 31, 41, 51, 61, 91 and 92.
- Holiday service update – Routes 11 (Airport Shuttle), 15 (Timberlea Express) and 16 (Thickwood Express) will be the only service in operation on Dec, 25, Dec. 26, Jan. 1, and statutory holidays.
The current printed schedules booklets will not reflect the updated system, however, a new printed schedule will be available early in the new year. Residents are able to view or print all routes and schedules from the municipal website at rmwb.ca/transit. Once ready, printed schedule booklets will be available at the following locations:
- Jubilee Centre – 9909 Franklin Ave.
- Keyano College Bookstore – 8115 Franklin Ave.
- MacDonald Island Park – 1 C.A. Knight Way
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 108 Wolverine Dr.
- South Operations Centre (SOC) – 140 Airport Rd.
- Timberlea Landing – 309 Powder Dr.
Residents can call or email Transit Services for information, questions, and feedback about the updated schedule and routes:
- Phone: Transit Call Centre: 780-743-7931 from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pulse Call Line: 780-743-7000 (evenings, weekends and holidays)