Bylaw Services is sending out their weekly bylaw update with photo radars and DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems placed across Fort McMurray.
Photo radar vehicles will be located near the following areas for week of Dec. 5-11, 2016:
- Cartier Road
- MacAlpine Crescent
- Thickwood Boulevard and Signal Road
- Highway 63 between Hardin Street and Beacon Hill
- Alberta Drive
- School Zones within the Urban Service Area
To view a list of photo radar locations, please visit rmwb.ca/photoradar.
DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems are active at the following intersections:
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
Bylaw Services is asking motorists to be mindful of posted speed limits and to obey traffic signals.
They want to remind residents that you can suspend electricals cord above the sidewalk, As long as they’re at least 2.4 metres above the surface. These cords and any securing structures on your property may remain up until March 31st.
Electrical cords are not allowed to run across a sidewalk as they pose a tripping hazard for those using the sidewalk and can interfere with snow removal equipment.