Bylaw Services is sending out their weekly bylaw update with photo radars and DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems placed across Fort McMurray.
Photo radar vehicles will be located near the following areas for week of Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2016:
- Gregoire Drive
- McDonald Crescent
- Millennium Drive
- Loutit Road
- Franklin Avenue
- School Zones within the Urban Service Area
To view a list of all locations you can visit rmwb.ca/photoradar.
DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems are active at the following intersections:
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
Bylaw Services also wants to remind motorists as the temperature drops, your speed should too. Maximum speed limits are for optimal driving conditions — it takes longer for your vehicle to stop when the roads are slippery with snow and black ice. Help keep our community safe by reducing your speed and adjusting your driving to accommodate winter conditions.
On Dec. 3, drivers can expect road closures and increased pedestrian traffic in the downtown core for the Santa Claus Parade & Lights of Christmas. Please drive with extra caution and remember not to park within 10 metres of a crosswalk, intersection, stop sign or yield sign.