Council will have a special council meeting next Monday.
The meeting will solely talk about the 2017 Proposed Budget and 2018-2022 Financial Plans and replace the regular meeting on Tuesday. Originally there wasn’t a meeting scheduled for next week as council doesn’t meet on the fifth Tuesday of any month.
Residents are still invited to attend the special meeting and budget workshops scheduled throughout next week. The public will also have a chance to give their opinions to council on Tuesday November 29, at 5:15 p.m. and Saturday December 3, at 8:30 a.m.
These times are not set in stone and could be amended to give council sufficient time to deliberate. The schedule will be updated daily at rmwb.ca/council.
Right now, the schedule is:
- Monday, November 28, 5 p.m. – Community Investment Program Presentations
- Tuesday, November 29, 5 p.m. – 2017 Operating Budget (Delegates Welcomed)
- Wednesday, November 30, 5 p.m. – 2017 Operating Budget
- Friday, December 2, 8:30 a.m. – 2017 Operating Budget, 2017 Capital Budget
- Saturday, December 3, 8:30 a.m. – Budget Deliberations (Delegates Welcomed)
The proposed 2017 Budget ad 2018-2022 Financial Plan will be presented to Council on December 13.