Bylaw Services is sending out their weekly bylaw update with photo radars and DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems placed across Fort McMurray.
Photo Radars will be set up in the following areas:
- Confederation Way
- MacKenzie Boulevard
- Thickwood Boulevard
- Highway 63 between Hospital Street and Beacon Hill
- Highway 69
- School Zones within the Urban Service Area
To view a list of photo radar locations, please visit rmwb.ca/photoradar.
Drivesafe Intersection Safety Systems will be put in place at these high risk intersections:
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive
Meanwhile, fewer daylight hours means that it’s harder to see pedestrians. Bylaw services is reminding motorists to be especially careful when approaching crosswalks and school zones.
They’re urging pedestrians to only use marked crosswalks as they’re designed for increased visibility. Pedestrians can increase visibility by wearing reflective or lighter coloured clothing.