Bylaw Services is sending out their weekly bylaw update with photo radars and DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems placed across Fort McMurray.
Photo Radars will be set up in the following areas:
- Confederation Way – Eastbound
- Gregoire Drive
- Highway 63 between Morrison Street and Hospital Street
- Highway 69
- Real Martin Drive
- School Zones within the Urban Service Area
To view a list of photo radar locations, please visit rmwb.ca/photoradar.
Drivesafe Intersection Safety Systems will be put in place at these high risk intersections:
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive
Bylaw services also wants to remind pedestrians needing to cross the street that the safest place to do so is the crosswalk.
They’re in place at areas with the best visibility for drivers indicating to motorists that pedestrians at anytime could cross the road at this location.
Drivers should always drive with caution when approaching these marked crosswalks.
Pedestrians are also being reminded to stop, look both ways, and make eye contact with drivers before entering a crosswalk.