Bylaw Services is sending out their weekly bylaw update with photo radars and DriveSafe Intersection Safety Systems placed across Fort McMurray.
Photo Radars will be set up in the following areas:
- Gregoire Drive
- Highway 63 and Beacon Hill
- Parsons Creek Drive
- School Zones within the Urban Service Area
- Signal Road
- Thickwood Boulevard
To view a list of all locations you can visit rmwb.ca/photoradar.
Drivesafe Intersection Safety Systems will be put in place at these high risk intersections:
- Confederation Way and Paquette Drive
- Franklin Avenue and Hospital Street
- Franklin Avenue and Tamarack Village Mall
- Thickwood Boulevard and Cornwall Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Real Martin Drive
- Thickwood Boulevard and Silin Forest Road
- Thickwood Boulevard and Woodland Drive
Bylaw Services also wants to remind motorists that the roads can be a dangerous place.
They want to remind drivers they’re not permitted to park within 10 metres from any crosswalks, yield signs and stop signs, while not being allowed to park 1.5 metres from a driveway.
The reason is to give pedestrians good visibility of drivers when crossing the road, especially for children as they might not be tall enough to see over the parked vehicles.
They’re also reminding residents that smoking in bus shelters is not permitted. It’s also not permitted to smoke within 10 metres of a bus shelter as they are smoke free, designated as public places.