Just like the latest Council meeting, the Wood Buffalo Recovery Committee’s agenda is full of presentations and reports.
The first matter on the agenda will be a presentation from Guy Choquet, Director of Operations for the Canadian Red Cross.
His presentation will highlight the recovery’s principles, more support for self-recovery services, children’s needs for school and health care, transportation and occupation, housing assistance’s for home owners and renters among other items.
This will give the committee and members of the public a chance to hear in person about the Alberta Wildfire Services that are being used as well as needed by the community.
Also on the agenda is the Wood Buffalo Recovery Campaign Plan that would implement the five pillars of recovery, people, environment, economy, rebuild and mitigate.
These areas being broken down into seven pillars for the rebuild of the RMWB:
- Pillar 1 – Building Responsible Government
- Pillar 2 – Building Balanced Regional Services
- Pillar 3 – Building a Vibrant Economy Together
- Pillar 4 – Building an Effective Land Strategy
- Pillar 5 – Building a Reliable Transportation System
- Pillar 6 – Building a Sustainable Region
- Pillar 7 – Building for a Healthy and Active Lifestyle
They will also be hearing reports and updates from Sub-Committees and the Wildfire Recovery Team.
The WBRC will meet on Wednesday, September 14th, at 6 p.m. at the Council Chambers in the Jubilee Centre.